Breadfruit Ice Cream Recipe
Breadfruit Recipe By Chrisskitchen
1 Breadfruit ( approx 2 lbs), peeled, cored and chopped
4 cups 0% Fat Cow’s Milk
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 can Condensed Milk
2 Tbsps Cappuccino Powder
4 Tbsp Chocolate Syrup
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Stabilized Whipped Cream
4 cups Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tbsp Gelatin
4 tbsp Water (cold)
Instructions ( Recipe makes 4 quarts)
1) Add chopped Breadfruit to a large pot of boiling water and boil for 30 minutes or until softened. Discard the water and throw the breadfruit into a large mixing bowl.
2) Using an immersion blender, puree the Breadfruit while slowly adding milk and cinnamon.
3) Add the rest of the breadfruit base ingredients then whisk to combine. At this stage feel free to strain your base if it isn’t smooth enough.
4) Pour the cold heavy cream, xanthan gum and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix with whisk attachment on medium speed until soft peaks form.
5) While waiting on the soft peaks to form pour the water into a small saucepot and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Turn on the heat on the stove to medium high and mix the solution until the gelatin is fully dissolved. Turn off the flame.
6) Add the gelatin to the soft peaks and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
7) Add this whipped cream to the breadfruit base and fold together.
8) Leave in the fridge for a few hours Covered in plastic wrap.
9) Once cooled pout into your ice cream maker or into storage containers then freeze for a few hours. Serve and Enjoy.